søndag 25. oktober 2009

Case 6 – Making the World


Case 6 - Designing the world by ~SveinE89 on deviantART

In this case we were supposed to design our backgrounds and other characters in the game. The storyline and contents of the game were also to be defined.

I’m going to start my game with a small intro, showing a person working on his PC and then suddenly it gets infected by a monster-virus. His only hope is Nortrom MacFree, the antivirus-man. You will be controlling the hero inside the computer, where he is faced with a lot of dangers. I’m thinking of having two types of enemies; Virus (a green, yucky, annoying creature that will be following our hero around) and Trojan Horses (a more mechanic creature patrolling a given path).

Throughout the level our hero will be collecting energy-orbs. These orbs will be used at the end when he reaches “the mother-virus”. He will use the orbs to charge his virus-demolishing-gun. This sequence I’m going to make as an animation, like the intro.

I created a background that looks like the insides of a computer, well a broken computer that is. This virus infection was so powerful that the computer actually got damaged physically. When I’m going to implement this background into the game, the hero will always be centered and the “camera” will follow him when he moves back and forth, moving the background accordingly. I’ve also designed a couple of platforms/grounds that I’m going to use in the game.

Picture of the entire background below:

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar